Wednesday, May 18, 2011

All that happens in love!

Posted by Ankitalal at 5:00 PM


It was the first day at work and Kavya was quite nervous. Being nervous was something very contrary to her character! She kept on thinking, “Why on Earth am I freaking out?” But somewhere inside she knew the answer. “I am definitely not going to send my daughter to an all girls school!!” , she said to herself. Kavya had never been around guys. She did not have a single male friend. An all girls’ missionary school and then graduating from an all girls’ college. She had always been a cool and confident lass all her academic life, but  just hated those creatures from the opposite gender!

Dressed in white salwar kameez, she entered her office. Soon she started interacting with her female colleagues and found them very friendly and co-operative. Then the introductory session took place and all the new recruits introduced themselves.  Kavya didn’t even bother to notice any of her male colleagues. But yes…there was a name amidst so many new names that had caught her attention! “hey friends I am Sahil Kashyap!” “Hmm…nice name… and nice voice too”, Kavya thought , but even then didn’t care to have a look at him. Being a sincere girl, she had already engrossed herself in her new work.

Days were passing by and Kavya was enjoying her office life. She was liking everything around her… her job, her new friends, her new environment… There was hardly any interaction with any of her male colleagues (which she liked the most)……everything seemed perfect!!

“Meeting at 2:30 sharp”, boss announced. Kavya and two of her friends, Naina and Pari, reached the board room 15 minutes before. Some other staff members were already present there. The trio took their seats at one corner of the room and were waiting for the meeting to commence. “Isn’t that tall, fair guy in spects staring at you Pari?”, Naina remarked. “Oh really? Who cares! He is Sahil Kashyap, a big flirt… I have heard a lot about him from his college mates”, Pari replied. Kavya finally decided to have a look at the topic of discussion. “Flirt? But he looks quite calm and composed!” “Looks are often deceptive Kavya!!”  Meanwhile Sahil came and took a seat parallel to Pari. “Naina’s guess was right”, Kavya thought, “this guy definitely likes Pari”. The three of them started giggling and whispering to each other. And then something unexpected happened! Sahil turned to Kavya and said, “You are Kavya, right?Hi I am Sahil. “Ya, Hi” Kavya replied hesitantly. “I have sent you a friend request on facebook. When do you get online by the way? Anyways, seems the meeting is about to start, see ya later,” and then he left his seat and went to sit with other colleagues. “OMG! Can anybody explain me what just happened??” Pari said. The three of them looked at each other with baffled expressions. But they had definitely concluded one thing, Sahil was a BIG FLIRT for sure!!

That evening after work, Kavya found a friend request on FB and a message in her inbox-“Please check your mail.” Her heart was pouncing, with hundreds of questions arising in her mind…”What on Earth is he trying to do?? He hardly knows me! May be some official work? May be he is trying to approach Pari through me? Arghhh…that’s why I hate guys!!” And then finally she read the mail…

Honey did you know??
That you had me all the way
With those softly spoken words
That you chose to say

Honey did you know??
You always amaze me
And that is one thing,
That I would like you to see

Honey did you know??
You've changed the way I see things
You make me happy to look forward to,
What tomorrow will bring

Honey did you know??
When I'm singing in the mirror
I imagine I'm singing in front of you
And I'm holding you near

Honey did you know??
That even though you're not here
I can always feel you love,
Cause I hold your feelings near

Honey did you know??
I run all the things you say, around in my head
It usually brings me peace at night,
Before I go to bed

Honey did you know??
That you are in my dreams at night
And honey you look just like an angel
And you send me on a flight

Honey did you know??
I will always think of you this way
That is why forever
With you my heart will stay


i know dat i am going too far too soon

basically i wanted 2 b ur friend first,
then wanted 2 proceed further..... u know...
but i could'nt control myself.........

whenever i see u my knees get weak.....i get lost in you
ur eyes cast a sort of spell on me....
the only thing i want to say now is dat

i love you.....

i hope when u see this mail u will understand my sentiments....

I AM WAITING 4 A REPLY.....
actually i can wait for my whole life for ur reply because i have decided that u r the one i was looking for......

i wanna spend my whole life wid u

waiting...
waiting...
waiting...

Kavya could’nt believe what she had just read. She was fuming. She was nervous. She was frightned.
“What is he up to??” she thought. She went to her mother and placed her head on her lap. Sobbing, she narrated the entire mail to her mum. “Mom, I don’t want to go dat place anymore, I don’t want to face that guy”, Kavya  said with tears in her eyes. “I didn’t know that my daughter will give up so easily. I have always taught you to face problems, not to run away from it. And beta this is just the beginning. The next time he approaches you, tackle him boldly.” “Hmm… I’ll try my best!”
The next day at office… “WTF!!! He proposed you in that mail!!!” “What does he think of himself???” “He has definitely got a lot of guts”. “What are you planning to do now?” Questions, questions, questions…all around Kavya! Hundreds arising in her mind and now hundreds from Naina and Pari. “I don’t know girls what I am gonna do! Feeling like slapping him.” All this time Sahil was constantly looking at Kavya which was infuriating her even more. And then he came towards her, “I guess you have read my mail”. “Yes I did! Kavya replied. “So…??” “So what? Do you even know anything about me besides my name? How can you mail me all that crap straight away? Are you out of your mind?? And let me tell you clearly, I am not the kind of girl you are assuming me to be! Don’t you dare talk to me again!!!” “Are you done Miss Kavya? Now may I get your permission to speak a few words?” Sahil said in a cool manner. Kavya realised that her tone had become quite offensive and meanwhile she hadn’t even given him the opportunity to defend himself. “Hmm… go ahead!” she said. “Look, I am really sorry for the mail. Actually I am a very impatient guy. I know I should I have approached you in a different manner but I couldn’t control myself. when i saw u for the first time i became interested in u....... just like that
when i saw u more i became attracted to you.........
when i came to know more and more about you..i don’t know how...i fell in love with you ....
I never believed in ‘love at first sight’ till it happened to me when I saw you on the very first day of office! You were looking so beautiful in that white salwar kameez, and when you were giving your intro, you were adjusting your dupatta over your left shoulder………. “Stop your nonsense right now!” Kavya shouted. “Wait wait, m sorry, m so sorry, just two more minutes, please Kavya  let me complete!” “What do you want?” “I just want to be you friend that’s all! I’ll never ever  discuss anything that you wont like, I swear! And if I do then you are free to walk away, but please give me just one chance, please”.

There was something in Sahil that made him different from others, atleast for Kavya. His attitude, his confidence, his super cool behaviour attracted her towards him, although she didn’t realise it then. It was just his hatred towards all boys in general that was making her so rude to him. But her hatred gave way to her attraction and she agreed to be his new friend!

Soon Sahil and Kavya became best of friends. Whenever they used to get time from their work, they spent it with one another having coffee or talking. They seemed to have umpteen topics of discussion…their talks would never end, be it in the office, or on the phone, or through texts!
As Sahil had promised, he never brought up anything that would annoy Kavya. He had started liking her even more and didn’t want to loose her in any case. Although they had become good friends, still Sahil could not read Kavya’s mind.

But one day Sahil gave up, “Look Kavya, its getting really difficult for me to pretend. You know very well what I feel for you, still I have to behave in front of you as if you are like my every other friend! I can’t do this anymore, so it would be better if we part ways!”  “No no no, please don’t do that”, Kavya wanted to say it but she couldn’t. “Alright! Bye”, she said. And then they stopped talking to each other.

 But Kavya didn’t know it was going to be so tough for her. She couldn’t do a single work properly. Sahil was always there in her mind. She was confused. She wanted to keep herself busy with her work, but she couldn’t. “What’s happening with me girls??” “You are in love sweetheart!!” her friends told her. “So what should I do now??” she asked restlessly. “Tell him about your feelings you fool!!”

It was 5th December 2007, 6:04 pm. She called him.
Kavya: hi sahil, its me Kavya!
Sahil: ya say!
Kavya: just wanted you to know that I am in love with someone!
Sahil: oh that’s great. Who’s he?
Kavya: He is very unpredictable, but I love him. He is very short tempered but I love him. He is totally mad but I still love him. And that he is you!"
And after this conversation Sahil and Kavya got “Happily committed” to each other!!! J
                                                                                                                 … to be continued
 

My Fairyland Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review